Welcome to 2011!
This may be the year of returning to text-based Reverb posts if I can maintain it.
What Happened Last Sunday?
- Bob Kauflin led the congregation in singing with an "acoustic band."
- Mark Mitchell shared the top pastoral priorities for this week.
- Braden Greer preached The Voice of the Lord.
Notes from the Weekend
Everything went very smoothly this Saturday and Sunday.
Extra thanks go to the sound teams in both the auditorium and Discovery Land who came in on New Years Day to get ready for Sunday.
I also want to thank Tyler for taking the helm as Technical Director, so that I could be free to work on other things for the service. More and more, I'd like to see volunteers "calling the service" as the primary person on headset, so expect to hear some new voices over the intercom in the near future.
I have several small things that I noted and wanted to pass on:
- Audio Teams - Constant change is here to stay, especially when it comes to pulpinating and de-pulpinating the stage. Please take the pulpit down after the sermon again.
- Lighting Operators - Please make sure to mark up the stage diagram with your light assignments. It will not only serve you as you write cues, it will save time for the next person.
- Lyrics Operators - Merry Belated Christmas! We have purchased an iPad that we are testing as a remote control for ProPresenter (see picture above). The goal is to be able to move you down front with Ken, so that you can communicate directly with him, and so you can easily see the hand signals from the worship leader. Brittany Kauflin ran one very successful test this weekend.
- Graphics Operators (pt 1) - Point of information: The "Welcome to Covenant Life" slide that you put up at the end of pre-service prayer is the cue for the greeters to open the doors and let the loud lobby folks into the auditorium. Please take care not to put the welcome slide up before prayer is fully complete.
- Graphics Operators (pt 2) - No one pays any attention to the sermon countdown clock, so I have removed it from the CPU2 stage display and from your checklist. It may come back sometime in the future, but for now we won't use a sermon countdown clock.
- Sermon Media - For the last year or so, we have been including the closing prayer at the end of the sermon recording. Josh Harris has asked us to remove the closing prayer for all future sermons.
Please make sure to leave a comment if you have any thoughts, questions, or suggestions from this last weekend!