This past Sunday:
- Bob Kauflin led our time of singing.
- Josh Harris led our announcements.
- We welcomed more than 140 new members to the church.
- Braden Greer preached from Ephesians 6:10-17.
Each New Members Sunday, Josh invites all of the new members to stand on the steps of the stage. He does this so the congregation can welcome them, and so he can personally speak to them, expressing his gratefulness for them and encouraging them to embrace their calls as a members of the body of Christ.
When he does this, he has his back to the congregation, making for a unique set of camera shots. For the first service we tried switching and panning different shots of the new members. However we found that many of the shots became distracting for a couple of reasons:
- Some people were chewing gum.
- Some people didn’t look fully engaged.
- There were only 30 people in the first service, so the shot sequence quickly became old.
That's it for my thoughts. But maybe you have some??