Yesterday was Work Day 1, the first of our quarterly clean-up, fix-up, sort-out, and organize days. We managed to complete:
- Rolling carts for our confidence monitors
- A rolling cart for our keyboards
- Re-geling all our stage lights
- Cleaning out the catwalks
- New doorstops that won't leave the doorways
- Moving some dimmer circuits from unusable locations to usable locations
- Adding an board operator's solo monitor to our secondary venue
- Painting names on our set backdrop rolling carts (Are you seeing a trend? We love things that move easily!)
- Assembling a new tripod for Camera 2
- Testing and fixing all of our non-dedicated video lines to various places in the auditorium
- Testing all of our microphones to see how their frequency responses vary from mic to mic
- Building a special power cable for all the stuff in the front row.
- Cleaning up our long-term storage area.
After cleaning up from our clean-up day, we got ready for Sunday. Joshua Harris preached the third message in The Old Paths, our current series on Jeremiah. You will be able to hear this passionate, gospel-soaked message here very soon.
I will not be posting for a few days ("What's new?!" you say), as I check out of the blogosphere to take a few extra days off to paint our bedroom (and basement apartment, if I'm lucky).