After realizing that our Sunday services were frequently getting less attention than our monthly meetings (youth, singles, parenting), we decided to make some significant changes. We needed to help the staff keep Sunday in it's rightful place as the most important meeting of the church.
The biggest change is that we restructured the whole staff, creating a new department: the Sunday Production Department. This new department includes:
- Executive Pastor of Sunday Production
- Pastor of Outreach and Evangelism
- Music Director
- Director of Communication
- Technical Director
- All of Our Staff and Volunteers
- This person must have a significant leadership gift.
- This person must have the full trust of the senior pastor.
I have already felt the affects of his leadership as he's helped me decide who to hire next to support the production teams. I'll write more on who that will be in another post. But suffice to say that he's lightened my load substantially, which positions us to do many things that we just haven't had the capacity to accomplish.
I thank God for Grant's flexibility in moving over to this new role and look forward to what the Lord has in store for our church as Grant helps us make Sundays matter most.