Brad and Joe from M&L Sound in Knoxville, TN just finished a Santa-Claus-type "checking-it-twice" run-through of our whole system.
Overall, it was good news:
- Only 1 driver was blown after five years, and that was on a choir monitor that we rarely use.
- Our various line problems seemed solvable with various methods of repair.
- They cleaned everything up like new.
- They solidified all the "loose" connectors, buttons, and so forth.
- They confirmed that our unbalanced headphone lines are still noiseless.
- Most of our dbx compressors are shot. Did we get a bad batch?
- Our Crest LMx monitor console has ALWAYS ON insert points (I should have known this). If the insert point fails either at the board or the patch bay, the channel goes dead. Hmmm...
- A good deal of the non-functioning components were due to simple user errors (misplugged, buttons pushed, half-engaged connectors). I'll need to be more thorough in my double-checks on problem claims.
It feels great to have confidence in all the system pieces as we get into this coming weekend!