This is the first time I've done a personal, personal retreat. In the past I've taken time away from the office to do ultra-long-term planning for the church production teams. That frequently included prayer, study, and the like. However, it was always with projects in mind. This day, while work at the church will still be a big part, is more about larger issues related to my heart, namely temptation and sin.
The plan is loose, but I'll be spending a good deal of time reading, praying, and journaling.
Here are the books I've brought with me:
- The Holy Bible, ESV, the most important book!
- Humility: True Greatness, by CJ Mahaney
- Humility, by Andrew Murray
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ, by John Piper
- The Doctrine of Repentance, by Thomas Watson
- Improving Your Serve, by Charles R. Swindoll
- Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health, by Donald S. Whitney
- Step by Step, by James C. Petty