Every year the Covenant Life staff has evaluations. Each supervisor evaluates his employees and each employee evaluates his supervisor. On Friday, I had my evaluation from Corby Megorden, our church administrator.
I wanted to share my weaknesses that he identified and goals he chose for my next year. If any of you have recommendations for materials to help me to grow, please send suggestions my way!
Here are my weaknesses:
- Dave may need to recruit a strong leader -- the breadth of the teams may limit his effectiveness as time goes on.
- At times, Dave will wait too long to communicate a concern or a need.
- Dave should "drop in" more to communicate with Corby.
- Dave will need to grow in delegation in order to utilize his future admin assistant.
- Dave can demonstrate self-sufficiency by not coming in a timely fashion with concerns or burdens.
- Hire and fully employ an assistant.
- ID assistant leaders to help lead and care for teams
- More informal communication
- Bring concerns to light more quickly.