Sometimes Sundays surprise me. This was one of those Sundays. I wasn't totally mentally prepared for the all the little things that I'd be attending to all morning.
With the many details, I unfortunately didn't get to listen to much of the message today. I did catch this as Brian Chesemore's main point: "Jesus calls objects of great mercy to be representatives of mercy to others."
I will be listening to the podcast tomorrow in my time with God. You can download the message from Covenant Life's Sermon Audio page.
Here are some of the "little things" that surprised me and consumed my morning, in no particular order.
- Our main mixer was running late this morning, and we weren't sure if he was going to make it, so I set up some of the rough mix.
- Due to some scheduling change-ups lately, I wasn't sure if we were going to have two, one, or no camera directors this morning. Thankfully only one showed up.
- The lighting setup from Saturday was slightly off and our lighting person for this morning was in Mexico, so I was making adjustments throughout the morning.
- Our pastor's E6 moved dramatically in the first service before he began to preach. Thankfully, our sound team leader went up to readjust the mic at the beginning of the message, but only after I had left my office to see what was going on.
- Twice, we changed the way communion was going down, so I had to communicate then re-communicate to all the tech heads.
- Two prospective volunteers were hanging out, watching, and asking questions throughout the first service.
- I had three difficult conversations: two with volunteers who haven't been keeping their commitments and one with a congregation member who thinks the volume is too loud.
- I had two wonderful conversations with volunteers who want to take on more responsibility starting in October.
- This afternoon, we introduced a new team leader to the sermon audio volunteers. I preped for that by ordering pizza, getting the room ready, plates and napkins and so on.
- The church was also having water baptisms this afternoon, so I was trying to pull that together with the help of one our most faithful volunteers.
- Finally, a photographer came to get pictures of the sound team, so that the worship team members can learn their names.
More Posts on The Big Day
Tags :|: Mercy :|: Sundays :|: Surprises :|: