We're calling the new team build. Essentially, build is a scenic design and construction team.
Here is my typical team-building strategy...
- Establish the vision for the team.
- Establish parameters for the team's service.
- Find and train a lay leader for the team.
- Establish an initial team structure with roles and job descriptions.
- Establish one or two initial projects for the first team members.
- Recruit new team members to the vision.
- Place team members in appropriate roles and projects.
- Give it a try.
- Review and Revamp.
James 1:22-25 -- "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing."
Members of build, the Scenic Design Production Team, edify the body of Christ by using their gifts to design and construct creative sets and decorations. We serve the congregation by giving them unique visual pictures to go with different sermons, so that they can more easily remember the messages in the future.
Essentially, we'll be memory-makers! What a joy it will be to strive to make God's truth stick to slippery hearts and help God make doers out of hearers.